People from Munzur Walked Against Dam
In Tunceli, the protest against constructing dam is realized by the support of crafts, taxi drivers, and minibus drivers. “Against Pülümür Dam” mass meeting consisted of10 thousand participants which is organized by civil society organizations and mayors.
Şerafettin Halis, deputy of BDP, claimed that the dam construction is a military project and added: “We will not allow to the construction even for our life!” The protest is supported by Ferhat Tunç (artist), Şerafettin Halis, Edibe Şahin (mayor of Tunceli), 6 country mayor, and faculty members of Tunceli. The reaction is mainly sourced by government policies of ruling party on Tunceli. It is also mentioned that there are 24 dam project preparing, mainly Munzur and Pülümür, and 2 Hydroelectric Power Plant is completed. The people of Tunceli is completely against, and will be against the projects.
Translation: Demet Gülçiçek (Volunteer of Civil Society Development Center)
- Right to Abortion Campaign Launched
- Women Stake Their Claims on International Women's Day
- We Compiled Digital Habits of BİRLİKTE Beneficiaries in Pandemic in Digital Literacy Information Note
- Alternative Information Technologies Association applied to the Council of State for the cancellation of central Internet filtering system!
- BİRLİKTE Completed Its First Year